Wednesday 13 December, 2006

The French Factor

Its been 1-week now, since i am in pacy !!, time has went very quickly indeed. let me write about some of my experience with the people till now. this is not the first time i am interacting with the teams here, ofcourse i worked a lot with my teasm in Grenoble, but its been quite an experience working with them at the same physical location. well i would be wrong if i draw any final conclusions but, will present my feeling so far and also along let me clear some of the Myths people have in their mind about the people here, there is a big real change in the way of life and approach.


Myth-1: France is Paris, Fashion is the word.
Fact: I don't know still about paris, but the place where i am currently living is high with
cultural values as in India.

Myth-2: French spend long time during the lunch breaks !
Fact: May be few, but the lunch breaks are not really that long !!.

One important thing i noticed here is 90% of the time, when you pass by someone, you will hear the greeting Bonjour !, ooh, the respect people have for each other is really good to see. one more thing with people here is, they may seem like difficult people to get along with, but once you take them into your trust, they make you feel at home !!.


and finally in my first entry, i had written how indifferent i was, to come to this assigment, so what is my feeling about it after 1 week !!?, if i had made some correct decisions in life, this one rates at the top, not because i am paid in Euros, but i would have missed opprtunity to experience different way of life and work culture, the work culture itself is a true eye opener, well i reserve the latter for my next blog ;).


Well before ending this entry, here is my today's dinner snaps :)

Truite Meuniere Legumes Vapeur

No comments: