Sunday 10 December, 2006

The Story Till now ...

its 7:59 PM, just finished recreating the long deleted Orkut account and creating the blog. So let me recall my journey so far ....

It was really difficult last week for me leaving all my friends at GTCI and starting on this trip. Frankly telling i would not have been disoppointed even if this assigment was cancelled on the last day. I have always taken things in life as it comes on day to day , not thinking about tomorrow and enjoying the days as they come.

I will sure miss Bangalore and my friends especially Rajesh and Sophan who were always there when i was ready for my next cigarette :) . everyone was telling i would be excited since this is my first trip outside the country and that too on a long assigment !!, well frankly even at the last minute while boarding the flight i was cursing the flight time of 2:00 AM in the morning, it took away my sleep for that day, I Started my packing only on previous day of the flight hurriedly going to Shoppers Stop with Rama and purchasing clothes and shoes madly, Well finally i did got into the excitement, the teller told the bill is 9000 for 2 Jackets and couple of Shirts !!, well it didn't stop. My friend Shashi always used to tell me to use someother jeans than the torned one i use for use for office, well i usually stick with a pair of favourite clothes , well this time no options, am going to new place and culture, has to get rid of my habits :(.

Well the Purchase saga didn't stopped there, next we went to purchase some shoes add 4000 to that, then Marathhalli for clothes add 10000 and then the Bigbaazar 9000 !!.

Well well i really got excited now by thinking about the credit card statement for this month :)).

Finally the day arrived, My Family came to bangalore from kunigal to send me off, My grandmother was there too, Well till now as i said, i never thought going abroad is a big accomplishment as most of the people brag about as the next big thing !, add to that i was really getting frustrated from the past 2-3 months , blame it on the wait for this assignment which took forever to get complete or the amount of free time which i had last few months.

well, all the lethargy and frustration really went off, when i saw my entire family coming to see me off to Pacy, i could see real pride in the eyes of my mother, grand mother and my uncles, well friends i was really excited now by seeing them happy :), So finally i got mentally prepared for the new journey.

Finally after the packing we started for airport at 10:00 PM on Tuesday night, With my big room gang Rama, Shashi and Senthil and ofcourse Rajendra who will be working with me at pacy for next year and half. we reached airport at 10:45 and the flight was scheduled at 2:20 AM, Wednesday. and it was great seeing Chandru my childhood to see me off at the airport.
After saying final goodbye to everyone, finally we entered the airport.

Well this was my first trip anywhere outside and also first time i was flying !!, and i was do expecting a lot. First thing i noticed it was no better than Bus stop here, no place to sit before boarding the flight !!, all the places were accupied in the waiting lounge. Add to that the flight got delayed by half hour !.

We needed to kill the 1 hour time and we went to the duty free shops that were in the Lounge and i had my first spending with the Euros, Somebody told that we can carry only a carton of cigarettes along with us on the trip and so i had taken only a carton, but we came to know we could carry more without problems and hurriedly we bought few in the shops there.

Half an hour later, we heard the announcement for our flight and we went in the Queue and first time in my life i was seeing a Plane some 30 metres in front of me, i may sound like a child, but it was glorious peice of human achievement. Allthough i am a science student, i really wondered can this thing really fly !!!!!!!.

No comments: